3.19.2015

Lipstick Challenge: Week Three

 I love lipstick and pretty much wear a shade every day. So for the next thirty days (minus Saturdays), I challenged myself to try a new color every day. Here is my diary thus far: Week One and Week Two here:

1. Revlon Super Lustrous Lipstick - Pink Cloud - This color is super bubblegummy in the tube but suuuuper sheer on the lips. Kinda disappointed with it. I was so excited about it and I was expecting more from it. It's not that buildable and the color pay off is weak. I love Revlon lipsticks but this one wasn't a fav. I did like how creamy it went on though.

2. Wet n Wild MegaLast Lip Color - 912C - I've had this for a while and just kinda forgot about it. Mostly because it semi-melted in my purse and I just didn't like the way it looked in the tube. But then I put it on and fell in love with it. It's darker than my natural lip color and still looks natural. This one is definitely going back into my rotation. Despite how it looks.

3. NYC Expert Last - Blue Rose - Very purpley pink. With a pearly nature. Hahaha sounds so weird. I actually really love it. Definitely a different color than what I would typically reach for but I do like it. I was wearing it in this outfit post.

4. Covergirl Lipslicks Smoochies Lip Balm - Luv U 215 - Try saying that name ten times fast. Like I mentioned in this post, I fell in love with the first one I bought. So much that I bought this one. Not a chapstick, not a lipstick which is the perfect combination in my opinion. I added a clear gloss on top for a little extra "umph" but I seriously love this stuff. Perfect for vacation. Throw it in your bag and it's all you need.

5. Lorac Lip Lustre Gloss - Peach Lustre - Actually a lipgloss I got during the holidays and when I first opened it I was disappointed with the applicator. It's so small and squishy. {that's what she said}. But after a few wears, it started to grow on me a little. It's super nude but with a pink tint so it doesn't completely wash me out. Like it, but don't love it. My mom gave me a Forever 21 lip gloss that is super similar which I find I turn to a lot more and it was considerably cheaper.

6. Wet n Wild MegaLast Lip Color - 901B - To me, this is something that I would wear every day and become my signature color. The one I buy time after time. The lipstick that doesn't look like you're wearing lipstick but still looks like...something. You know? Ya, you know.

Disqus for K Avenue