3.03.2015

Lipstick Challenge: Week One

I love lipstick and pretty much wear a shade every day. So for the next thirty days (minus Saturdays), I challenged myself to try a new color every day. Here is my diary thus far:

lipstick_challenge

1. Covergirl - Honeyed - This is a really subtle pink which is perfect for every day. More days than not, you'll find me wearing this. It's super natural looking and adds just the tiniest bit of color to my lips.

lipstick_challenge

2.  Nars - Cruella - If you're looking for a serious lip, this is your color. Definitely not an every day red but I love how vampy it is. But it did make me feel a LOT cooler than I am. Another added bonus, it lasted allllllll day and I didn't have to touch up. This literally never happens. Plus the applicator is like a crayon and makes applying it a dream. Bonus: makes your teeth look super white.

lipstick_challenge

3.  Revlon - Primrose - If I could wear one lipstick for the rest of my life, this would be it. This is a bit more pink than Honeyed. It has more of a cool undertone and I love how it popped against my skintone. Not too bright, but just enough to make me feel perfectly pulled together.

lipstick_challenge

 4. Maybelline Baby Lips - Pink Punch - My favorite part about this is that it works like chapstick, but provides color like a lipstick. Sometimes a little too much color. It was rainy and dreary the day I wore it and I liked the extra punch it gave me. See what I did there? So punny. Husband likes when I wear it too...he always compliments my makeup so extra points for this little guy.

lipstick_challenge

5. Nars - Dolce Vita - This color is so Kylie Jenner. It's pretty similar to my natural lip color and doesn't scream I'M WEARING LIPSTICK. Again, the tube is awesome and helps to keep everything "in the lines." Bonus: got several compliments from strangers even!

lipstick_challenge

6. Covergirl Lip Balm - Smooch - Without a doubt, I wear this the most often. Like Baby Lips, it's more like a chapstick. These days, my lips are so dry and cracked (thank you, winter!) that I prefer a lip balm over lipstick. Lipstick always dries out my lips even more and I certainly don't need that. I love the pepto bismol color it has. I also bought a darker, more mauvey color I liked this stuff so much. Great for travel!


After seeing these pictures, note to self: Try more daring shades. Wear less black.

Disqus for K Avenue