10.07.2017

On kindness and inclusion

It seems as life gets busier, the blog gets pushed to the side. And in a world where social media and electronics are thriving and taking over, I'm ok with the distance.


Parenting is hard, says every parent ever. But as this world is getting scarier and more chaotic I have this need to preserve my children's innocence while explaining to them what's going on in the world and their part to change it. I don't want to shield them and I don't want them to feel ill-equipped.

Liam said yesterday,

Mama, I have bright white skin. But my friends have dark skin. They're my best friends. 

He is becoming aware of people who are different than him and I don't want him to be color blind. I want him to see the diversity and embrace it, even seek it. I don't have answers but I sure hope I don't have my blinders on. My heart aches and is angry about Vegas, Charlottesville, Dallas, and on and on. It seems that saying "prayers for Vegas" is enough for some. And prayer is good. Yes, necessary. But what can we DO? Raise children who are kind, open, and on the front lines.m

Anywho. Here's some pics that are irrelevant. Off to hug my kiddies a little harder.


Disqus for K Avenue