9.21.2015

My morning makeup routine

my morning makeup routine
 
I love makeup. I'm one of those that can watch Jaclyn Hill and Desi Perkins for hours watching tutorials, learning new products, and finding that perfect nude lip color (by the way, I found it--Milani Nude Creme). I also love sleep. If I have to choose sleep or a pretty face in the morning, sleep will always win. BUT. I've finally mastered the perfect 10 minute face. It's luminous, with a slight smokey eye and nude lip. The look is focused more on the skin which is perfect for days when I want it to look natural and effortless.

The base is the most important step to the entire look. I first prep the skin with moisturizer, allowing about 5-10 minutes for it to soak into the skin. That's when I get a cup of coffee, brush my teeth, make the bed, etc. Then I apply the BB Cream which helps to cover any imperfections, requiring less foundation later. 

The next step really sets the tone for the whole look. Here's the trick: mix the Shimmering Skin Perfector with your foundation. I've been loving the Revlon Colorstay mostly because it's full coverage and with the liquid highlighter, it creates a flawless glow. The other key here is to use a damp beauty blender to apply which aids in creating a dewy finish. I use it to apply my under eye concealer too which I do next and it makes the whole process so easy. 

I quickly apply bronzer and blush, both of which have a bit of sheen to them and then it's on to the eyes. I bought the Tarte palette on a whim and I'm so glad I did. The eye shadows are perfect for creating a smokey eye. I'll lightly dust on the lighter brown shade on both eyes and then go over it with a slightly darker brown to create more dimension. Line with whatever black liner I see first (I'm not too picky about liner) and then apply mascara. I finish with highlighter, by far my favorite product of the entire group. Some days I go crazy with it. I'm obsessed with it. I apply it to the tops of my cheek bones, down the bridge of my nose, brow bone, cupid's bow and chin. Feel free to go heavier or lighter with this stuff. I have dry skin so I like to give the illusion that it's super dewy. Was that not clear here? 

This has been my routine for several months now and I can do it without thinking and makes getting ready in the morning so easy. And that's it!  Easy peasy.

dewy makeup routine
natural everyday makeup routine



Disqus for K Avenue