6.04.2015

3 workout essentials


workout_clothes
workout_gear
fitness_gear
fitness_routine
Running_outfit
yoga_pants

 Top: Target, old | Leggings, c/o RBX Active  | Sneakers, Nike


 As a mama and general human being, I like to be active. I love sports and miss the constant rotation of volleyball, basketball, and softball from my elementary through college days. I was always playing and running and moving around. That's stuck with me even though I'm no longer in sports, although I love to play catch with a friend or my brother. Sidenote, since moving to Texas I haven't found anyone to play with because Lord knows, husband did not grow up playing the same sports I did. He's more of a hit with a hockey stick kind of man and has never been one to just "toss a ball around." Ha. We joke that I'll be the one teaching Liam how to play baseball. Not really.

But really.

Now that the rain has finally stopped here, at least for the time being, I've been loving taking my workouts outside. I love doing Jillian Michaels' 30 Day Shred (holy cow, SO hard) or a Tone It Up workout indoors and when I'm not doing those, me and Liam will go for a walk. Lately though, I've stepped up my cardio game and started running with him in the jogging stroller. I can see such a difference in the way I feel and the amount of energy I have is insane!

Three essentials I need for working out:

1. It really does make a difference in the shoes you wear. I love these Nike's because they're super lightweight and feels like I'm not wearing shoes. I don't want to feel like I'm lugging around weights. Although if that's your thing, you go girl. High five!

2. Cute workout clothes that are functional! Annoyingly most workout leggings are see-through. Nobody wants to see your booty. And it needs support. Invest in good gear! And bright neon makes it more fun! I'm not one to wear neon yellow or pink in my everyday wardrobe but if it's in the form of workout clothes, gimme all the colors!!

3. A good playlist. Music always puts a pep in your step. I'm a weirdo and prefer slower music to fast music. Somehow I feel like I have to keep up with the beat and I overdo it too quickly. But find your favs and just go! I'll often time my intervals with the song length. Sprint for 3 minutes, walk for two, repeat.


***RBX Active is kindly offering a 25% discount with the code Active25 through July 31. Free shipping for purchases over $50 after coupon deduction. RBX Active is sold at department and sporting goods stores as well as online.

Disqus for K Avenue