3.23.2015

Nightly Skincare Routine

skincare_for_dry_skin
skincare_for_dry_skin
skincare_for_dry_skin
skincare_for_dry_skin
skincare_for_dry_skin

 
As I get older, I realize how important it is to take care of my skin. I love makeup but those are just accessories to great skin. I'm always on the hunt for new products and I'm excited to introduce a "new to me" skincare line, Lindi Skin. They were initially designed for people battling cancer, whose skin is compromised due to radiation and chemotherapy and day-to-day wear resulting from cancer treatments. Though I've not battled cancer, my skin is definitely complicated and overly dry. Even in the humid summer months, I rarely have oily skin. As a result, my skin tends to breakout, around my chin specifically. Super annoying and super difficult to find a skincare routine that accommodates my skin type. I've incorporated these four products into my nightly routine and it's done wonders for my skin!

First, I use the face wash after I take all my makeup off. In all honesty, the smell is awful BUT my skin feels amazing afterwards. It doesn't lather at all which is better for my skin and it doesn't make my skin feel dry and tight afterward.

After I wash my face, I apply the face serum. I'm in love with this stuff. I have acne prone skin and have always thought that applying a heavy serum or oil would cause more breakouts. Not so. Because my face is so dry, the serum replenishes my skin's moisture and makes it feel baby soft.

Next I apply the eye hydrator. It has a gel-like consistency and feels a-mazing. I wake up in the morning with seriously the best feeling skin, especially around my eyes. My eyes are less puffy and the dark circles have diminished. Bonus, since using it I've noticed that my concealer doesn't crease as much and my makeup doesn't settle into fine lines. The power of hydration!

Oddly enough, the lip balm is my favorite. Usually before bed I apply Vaseline to my lips because one, it's super cheap and two, it makes my lips feel delicious. This has replaced my love for Vaseline. When I applied it for the first time, it felt like I was having to apply a ton because it didn't feel like any was getting on my finger. I realized after several uses that it's because it doesn't have a waxy feeling to it so it really soaks your lips. I've never had a lip treatment that left my lips still soft in the morning. I'm a mouth breather at night (so attractive!) so my lips are always super dry. This has changed my life. Even my husband uses it now, the man who hates lotions and chapstick and any sort of hydration for his skin.

Lindi Skin is offering free shipping and 25% to all my readers! Use code BLOG25 through May 31 and Lindi Skin will make a donation to the American Cancer Society's "Look Good, Feel Better" program for every purchase through this date.


In partnership with Lindi Skin.

Disqus for K Avenue