2.14.2012

happy valentine's day!

Dear Thomas,

This afternoon I came home to this.


The house was dark with instructions not to open anything until later that evening. That note was taped to the door. Took me a while to find these notes but once I did my heart immediately jumped with excitement. I love fun games like this, and you know it. :) I showered, blow dried, curled, applied, and waited for the clock to creep to 6pm. 




6pm came and went and I wondered where you were. But then I remembered "Open the door at 6." Silly me. I found this attached to the front.


As instructed, me and Sadie walked to our spot. The sun had just dipped below the horizon. It was beautiful. 


Somehow, Sadie knew something was happening cause she was almost sprinting the whole way. Mama was wearing a dress so that just wasn't gonna pan out well. As we approached I saw glowing lights.


I found you and the dozens of candles you had lit. I was giddy. Before me was a picnic set up. Complete with your typical fixings...like peanut butter and jelly. You know me well. :)


It was glorious. Simple. Intimate. Cold. And everything I wanted. 







I love you with all my heart. You plan the best dates. Thank you for who you are. The husband you are. Who you inspire me to be.

XO,
Wifey





Disqus for K Avenue