2.21.2011

Just sittin' and thinkin'...

A death in the family spontaneously brought me to California the other weekend. I still get choked up when I think of Papaw so I'd rather not go there. While there though, I couldn't help dreaming about moving back. Thankfully, that's what we're doing. Probably the end of summer, early fall. In my opinion, the sooner the better. It's not bad here, don't get me wrong. It's actually pretty great. I love the life we've created thus far. I love our friends and will be so so sad to leave them. They've become close to my heart in so many ways. But family is in California. Family. That means more to me than a cheaper apartment, job opportunity, "adventure" (whatever that means). There's nothing we can't do in California that we can do here. I want sister time again, to get to know Darb like I know my other niece and nephew. I want "mommy days" again. Anyway.
Since I've been home from California, Thomas hasn't had a day off. Nope, not one. What does that mean for us? Well, on my days off he goes to work at 5pm and comes home around 7-8am. The days I work, he will pick me up from work around 10:15pm and then goes to work and doesn't come home til around noon or so the next day. Which means that because I have to be at work at 2pm the following day, I get maybe an hour or so before he completely dies from exhaustion. On top of that, he goes to school 3 days a week. So we never see each other and when we do, either I'm asleep or he is. We get no time together. None. Zilch. It...sucks. The plus side and quite frankly is what's driving this is the fact that he's making bank. We'll have more than enough money to move to California and have several months rent. But in the meantime...I'm sitting here alone on the couch. Well not completely alone. Malkin's here. But a dog doesn't compare to your husband, no matter what people say.
So now what? We've gotta figure out something. He can't work 10+hours a day, 7 days a week. That's ridiculous. Something needs to be done. I freak myself out at night with noises. I don't like an empty bed and Malkin is not allowed up. I'm screwed.
Our birthdays were this week. I had a party which is incredibly fun. Thomas, unfortunately had to work. Didn't do much for his. He worked and then slept the whole day. Oh well...there's always next year.

Disqus for K Avenue