1.07.2017

Best Beauty Products of 2016

Best Beauty Products of 2016


I tried a lot of beauty products in 2016. Some were duds, some were good but not worth raving about, and others have risen to the top of my Favorite of All Time list. A capitalized list that is very much a real thing. When you love a product this much, you want to tell your friends about it. You're welcome.

Estee Lauder Double Wear Foundation - I tried A LOT of foundation this year and this one is by far my favorite. Most foundations start to break up on my face and settle in fine lines except for this sucker. Literally the only foundation I've found that literally looks the same when I put it on as it does when I take it off.

IT Cosmetics Your Skin But Better CC Cream - Perfect for those lighter makeup days but still provides all the coverage you need with SPF 50. I love it's skincare like formula.

Anastasia Beverly Hills Modern Renaissance Palette - The perfect shades, in my opinion. You can create so many subtle or dramatic looks depending on your preference. Literally wear this almost everyday. The pigment and staying power are incredible.

MAC 217 Blending Brush - I now fully understand the hype around this brush. Creates perfectly blended looks with ease. Only downside is price.

Murad Post-Acne Spot Lightening Gel - This is a new-to-me product towards the end of the year and I've already seen a dramatic shift in my skin. Tone is more even and those pesky dark spots are slowly going away. Literally saw a difference overnight.

Buxom Full-On Lip Cream - I'm definitely a gloss girl over a matte girl and Buxom's glosses are my favorite. You really can't go wrong with any one of them but White Russian is my favorite.

Tarte Airblush Maracuja Blush - Not quite a cream, not quite a powder, I'm obsessed with this in Shimmering Poppy. It gives such a natural, healthy flush to the skin. My favorite way to apply it is with a damp beauty blender.

Kérastase Serum Oleo-Relax - A friend of mine told me about this and I haven't looked back. It's the one product that really tames the frizz and makes my hair more manageable without a ton of build-up.

Emoji eRase e60 - The perfect combination of tweezer and razor, this tool keeps me hairless for weeks! I prefer the sensitive attachment cause I'm a bit of a siss and it leaves my skin so smooth.



Disqus for K Avenue