6.06.2016

Yoga for Beginners

Leggings: RBX Active c/o 

If you've been following me for some time, you know I've been on the yoga train lately. Yeah yeah. I used to be one of those that rolled their eyes too. There's something really amazing though, about pushing your body that hard but remaining so peaceful at the same time. I love how strong my body has become but even more than that, I love how calm and centered I am. I've grown to really depend on how great it makes me feel. Strong and calm, baby.

I sit at a desk all day and I have to be mindful to get up and walk around. I can definitely tell a difference when I know I've been sitting too long! My body is stiffer and my back and booty are sore. Yoga helps to stretch and loosen everything out.

For me, the best time of day to work out is immediately when I get home from work. Liam is still at daycare and I'm able to get a good 60 minutes sweat sesh before I pick him up. If I wait and sit on the couch for a few minutes, I just won't do it. I get home, change into my workout clothes, and get right into it.

Depending on the day (and if I've sat too long at work) I'll do a 30 or 60 minute yoga routine. If I do a 30 minute routine, then I'll add in another workout (arm, abs, butt, legs...it varies).

Though the routine rotates from day to day, I always incorporate these 7 moves. I'm still a beginner when it comes to yoga so none of these are earth shattering but they've made a huge difference in how flexible I've become.

Downward Dog

Warrior II

Dolphin Pose
Runner's Pose

Triangle Pose

Bridge Pose

Pigeon Pose


Chair Pose
Tree Pose
These are my favorite yoga routines:
Various workouts I do alongside the above:

Disqus for K Avenue