10.05.2015

When life gets you down, get dressed up

Floral Skirt
Floral Skirt
Floral Skirt
Floral Skirt
Floral Skirt
Floral Skirt
Floral Skirt
Floral Skirt
 ^^^Fav. He is his father's child^^^
Stella and Dot
Floral Skirt
Floral Skirt
Skirt, Shein, similar, similar | Top, Target, similar | Heels, Amazon | Watch, Fossil | Beanie, Target, Necklace, Stella & Dot, c/o

This last week got away from me. The days were hectic and the nights were never long enough. Work was crazy with seemingly countless meetings, all day training, husband and I didn't see each other for more than an hour at a time, and my head was spinning. The potty training (Liam's, not mine) is coming along but we've still had several mishaps and let's be real, that gets old quicker than anything. Couch cover was removed, sheets, countless pairs of underwear, and the laundry machine has never worked so hard.

BUT.

It's  new day and for that I'm so grateful. This morning as husband stood ironing his work shirt and I was giving my goodbyes as I was leaving for work, Liam came running from the next room and said "Mamaaaaa, I want to give you kisses!!!!" I stopped dead in my tracks, looked at husband, and we both melted right there. He gave me a big smack-a-roo on the lips and we cheered and the boy felt so proud and said he wanted to do it again, this time on my forehead.

Sometimes life gets stressful. But there's this little boy who's days away from being two-and-a-half and is so full of love and affection. He never lets me forget how much he loves me and how much he needs me.

On an unrelated, more humorous note: I split open my skirt yesterday. Not this particular skirt but a huge gaping HOLE nonetheless that I had been wearing for approximately 9 hours. So many questions: had it always been there and I had just noticed? Had I been on display for my co-workers all day or only the few minutes prior to me discovering the four inch monstrosity? Do I need to workout more? So many questions, so few answers. Feeling suuuuuper thankful I decided to bring an extra sweater with me that day. You know, in case I get cold or have holes in my clothes. Tonight, I will be increasing my numbers for the fitness challenge I'm doing this month.

Speaking of, are you joining me? I would love it so please let me know if you do!!

Disqus for K Avenue