7.16.2015

Mini Series: Denim Daze // The Boyfriend Jeans

head_scarf
easy_casual_summer_outfit
Summer_casual_outfit
turban
summer_scarf
simple_outfit_with_scarf
head_turban_scarf
Tank top, Marshalls | Jeans, Target, similar, similar | Sandals, Sam Edelman | Scarf, gift | Sunshades, Cato

I learned how to tie a scarf on my head like a turban and I was so sure husband was going to ask why I was wearing a doo-rag. To my amazement, he loved it! He's not one to branch out of his fashion comfort zone of shorts and Old Navy v-neck tees so if he likes it then I'm happy. :)

The skinny jean has an adversary in the form of the ever so cool boyfriend jean. They've been trendy for the last several years and are a great alternative to skinny jeans when you still want to wear denim. I am a huge fan of boyfriend jeans and if you get the right fit they feel like sweats which is an obvious win. I love just throwing on a tank and some sandals for an easy look but it can be boring. To dress it up a little I added the scarf. In part because it added a bit of color and also because, humidity hair. If you're not quite daring enough to go the turban route, try this (in several colors) tied around your wrist or neck.

Styling tips for rocking boyfriend jeans:

1. Pair something fitted on top for a nice contrast. Also helps you to not look like a beluga whale.

2. To further prove that rules are always meant to be broken, wear a loose tee, tucking in the front to not lose your shape.

3. I usually live by the idea the slouchier the jeans, the more structure on top. Add a collared shirt and blazer to look super effortless.

4. Add a heel to elongate your legs, especially for you shorter gals.

5. Boyfriend jeans don't always have to be labeled as such to get the look. Size up on your favorite skinny jeans to achieve the same look.


Happy Thursday which means it's almost Friday which means it's almost the weekend! #fistbump

See my picks below to recreate a similar look:

Disqus for K Avenue