7.13.2015

Mini Series: Denim Daze // The Double Denim

denim_on_denim
Top, HM, short sleeves version | Shorts, Levis, DIY distressing | Espadrilles, Target | Hat, F21 | Scarf, Walmart ($1!)

We made it to Monday. Hooray! Most of you feel victorious when you make it to Friday but when you have a two year old with strep throat, fevers all day err day, a crusty e n t i r e face and still the energy of a healthy boy, well guys...I'm just glad I made it through the weekend. So let's a raise a glass. A very strong glass of tequila. 

But the little is feeling so much better. It's so sad watching him snort his way through life, and maintain a 102 temperature for three days straight, asking to put a cool washcloth on his forehead because he was so hot. Watching your babe be so sick is hard on a mama.

This week I'm doing a mini series on my favorite ways to wear denim. Spoiler alert, I have a lot! It's so versatile and the options seem endless. First up, double denim. The Canadian tuxedo, if you will. I especially love this in the summer, throwing on a few accessories (scarf and hat!). Two things I like to follow when wearing the double d: I like to keep one denim piece lightweight--here my shirt. It keeps things a bit more fresh and summer appropriate. Second is I prefer to wear different washes. Though it's subtle, the varying denim washes adds more interest and dimension.


denim_on_denim
denim_shorts
canadian_tuxedo
chambray_top
denim_on_denim
chambray_top
chambray_top_distressed_denim_shorts
See more of my favorite picks below:

Disqus for K Avenue