1.08.2014

a new year

As the new year starts, I am trying to have a new focus. Ya ya, I know--I'm a month late. Better late than never, no? I want everything I do to be with purpose, to remember and cherish memories, and be the purpose God created me to be. While every year I try to refocus and ground myself, I have more intention this year. I have dreams I've never had before, passions that are pouring out of me. Liam has changed me. Being his mother has been my greatest joy and challenge. So with this new outlook, I am excited for this year. There are going to be so many new adventures and firsts. Our life in Texas has been wonderful these few short months and  have never been more confident in God's love and faithfulness.
//
I really want to be in the Word. Dive into it. Di-sect it. Not read books about the Bible, but the Bible itself. What better way to know God than to read the book He gave me? Pray harder. Pray deeper. I've been doing great with it. I've grown and learned so much since changing how I get to know God.
//
One of my goals for this new year is to really document life and keep hard copies of all the pictures I take. Now, more than ever, I want to relish in time with Liam and really be present. Pictures help me do that. I love looking back at little moments, milestones, and watching his personality grow month by month. There's nothing better to me than looking at old pictures of little bits of life.
//
Working out--who doesn't have this goal at the start of the year? But I've always worked out. It's something I enjoy and I love watching my body change. Since Liam, my body has obviously not been at its prime. We're changing that. Going harder and longer and I've seen a drastic change. The crappy food has been replaced with homemade dinners around the table. We are saving money on not going out. It's been a rewarding lifestyle change.
//
So those are just a few of my goals. There are more personal, deeper goals. And I've seen change in those areas but boy, do I have a lifetime to maintain those. I'll always be working on my inner self. My relationships. Growing our marriage. Being the best mother.

// And now, a photo dump from the big ice storm, ICE, and Christmas//


























Disqus for K Avenue