7.07.2015

Crisp and clean

summer_dress
summer_white_dress
summer_dress_outfit
rings_jewelry
summer_dress_outfit
summer_white
summer_dress_pop_of_color
summer_dress
white_dress
  Dress, Cato c/o | Shoes, F21 (old) | Jacket, Gap | Ring, Cato c/o | Sunnies, Cato c/o

July and August in Dallas are stupid hot. Like, lipstick melting off your face at 9AM hot. You sweat...you shower...you put on clothes...you sweat... It's fry an egg on the sidewalk hot. You get the idea. During these dreadful heat waves, dresses are my BFF. They're easy to throw on and still look put together without a whole lot of thought. Bingo! As my style has evolved over the last year and I'm leaning towards monochromatic, simple looks I realized my selection of dresses did not match.

So when I recently I got the chance to visit Cato Fashion's new store opening in Dallas, I knew what I was on the hunt for. This is a new-to-me brand and loved the chance to filter through the racks and there were so many great summer dresses! The manager was so sweet and personable and made the whole experience so easy and fun. Held my dress selections for me (I had lots!), shoes, and made sure I didn't forget an accessory. My kind of service. :) 

I went with a crisp white dress which has become my latest obsession. I can throw on some summer sandals, converse, and even wear it to work. If I can't style it five different ways, it's just not worth it. Love a dress that I can get some extra mileage out of. In spirit of the beginning of July, I went a more patriotic route but I'm also excited to throw on some slip-ons and simple accessories for a super casual look.

Disqus for K Avenue